California Teacher Certification (CSET) Exam
Need Help Studying for the California Teacher Certification (CSET) Exam?
The California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) program was developed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for teachers seeking certification in the state of California. The CSET exam is administered by the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson. For more information please visit the official CSET website
• Registration for the CSET exam is primarily via telephone and online
• Registration via US mail is for those notified to register via US mail. To register vial mail please visit the mail registration page of the CSET website
• Please visit the internet registration page to register via internet
• To register via telephone, call (916) 928-4003 or (800) 205-3334, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
• The CSET exams are for educators and teachers seeking license to practice in California
• For more information on the CSET exams to take, visit certification requirements online.
• The registration fee for the CSET: Multiple Subjects exam is $70 per subtest
• The registration fee for the CSET: Writing Skills exam is $35
• The registration fee for the CSET: Preliminary Educational Technology exam is $105 per subtest
• The fees for taking the CSET: Single Subjects and CSET: Languages Other Than English vary depending on subtest. For more information on all applicable CSET fees and charges, visit the CSET fees page
• The CSET certification program is made up of five sections, the CSET: Multiple Subjects CSET, CSET: Preliminary Educational Technology, CSET: Writing Skills, CSET: Single Subjects, The CSET: Languages Other Than English (LOTE)
• The CSET: Multiple Subjects CSET consist of three subtests, each made up of constructed response and multiple choice questions
• The CSET: Preliminary Educational Technology is made up of two subtests, each consisting of constructed-response questions and multiple choice questions
• The CSET: Writing Skills CSET consists of two constructed response questions
• The CSET: Single Subjects exam each consists of either two or four subtest. Most of the subtests are made up of constructed response questions and multiple choice questions
• The CSET: Languages Other Than English (LOTE) (used toward the Single Subject Teaching Credential), are usually made up of two or four subtests, with each having constructed response and multiple choice questions
• The CSET exams are all scored using a scale of 100 to 300. The required passing score is 220
• Please visit CSET tests, to see the full list of CSET exams available
• Please visit CSET exams dates to see exam dates
• Please visit CSET test sites to select a test site
Professionally Prepared CSET Study Guide
Complete study guide prepared by a dedicated team of expert researchers.
You receive the benefit of our hard work! Here is a complete exam guide with everything you need, including complete study plan prepared by experts.
Available as printed book or Printable PDF download.
Multiple Subject CSET Study Guide Subject Areas Available:
Multiple Subjects Exam
Biology/Life Science Exam
Earth and Planetary Science Exam
Foundational-Level General Science Exam
Health Science Exam
Home Economics Exam